3.01.2009

productive.

I have a paper due friday, and since i'll be working all week, this weekend was my time to get it done. Did this happen? No. Saturday was very productive, in a non-school way. I picked andrea up at 9am and we drove downtown for a haymarket trip. Mike's pastries came first, of course, but the sad news is that they'd run out of their rock candy sugar stirrers. I rarely add sugar to my lattes, but look forward to doing so at mike's. Alas, i survived, and gathered up my fruits and veggies for the coming weeks. I also restocked my spice cabinet at the middle eastern store. I found i like their curry better, and at $2 a bag (which fills a whole foods spice jar 2-3 times) you can't go wrong. I bought two bags of ground cloves and one bag ground ginger for my mom so she can make lots and lots of good luck cookies. Tasty.
Then it was on to building 19. This store has the potential to scare the crap out of me, but at times can be a treasure chest. A few years back, a. and i picked up some cheap temporary rugs there and when andrea mentioned needing one, i suggested this place. Not only did she pick up a very nicely priced oriental for under her new dining room table, but i grabbed a few 18"rug squares (think flor tiles) at $1.99 a piece to duct tape together and use as a large door mat. Treasure chest it was.
After a quick stop at the fabric store, i dropped andrea off at her place. Since she had an assortment of purchases, i helped her carry them up. One thing led to another, and the next thing i knew, we were ripping up her bathroom floor. She'd been talking about laying a new one over the existing tiles, but i convinced her that it wouldn't work. Too many loose tiles and too uneven. It took us an hour and was the most satisfying work i've done in a while. The best news? The original floor (which was buried under the boring one) was adorable, and is in impressively good shape. One section will need some work, but the rest of it looks great. 
Today consisted of morning bookclub, a call home, and working on lots of non-paper related school work. The good news is that i'm done with everything else for a while and will just have this paper to focus on. I guess i'll have some late nights this coming week.

No comments: