3.17.2009

impatient.

I haven't put a ton of time or effort into this yet, but i'm thinking that my backpacking escapades will send me to southeast asia. Mainly, cambodia, and vietnam, maybe laos and thailand too. Evil's link to the cambodian tree houses definitely helped tip the scales in this direction. Who wouldn't want to stay in a fancy tree house for $25 a night, with breakfast included to boot! I meant to get a travel book last weekend, but didn't get around to it. I read my lonely planet and rick steves europe books cover to cover before that trip and found my two favorite places (chamonix, france and cinque terre, italy) because of it. A. sent me an e-mail yesterday mentioning how perfect the weather is there, and talking about a hike called dragon's back that we'll do when i'm there. It's mostly a ridge hike with amazing views and a fantastic outdoor thai place at one end. I am so excited that it's hard to contain myself. The last time i felt like this was when i was ten or so. It was the night before christmas (and all through the house...) and i could not fall asleep for hours. I felt like i was going to jump out of my skin. With just under eight weeks to go, i don't know how i'll survive!

2 comments:

Evil said...

woohoo! very excited for you, steph! yeah, $25 goes a long way in cambodia. and it goes even further in laos. i was there in spring 2007. would highly recommend laos... it's super chill. not really any spectacular monuments to see, but more a country to enjoy the slow pace of life and unwind.

Nora said...

Hi! This sounds so fun! My boss just got back from a trip to Hong Kong/Thailand!