3.19.2009

number.fourteen.

I donated platelets today. Tried to would be more accurate. They think the vein infiltrated because the return pressure kept cranking up (though it didn't really hurt like it usually does when it infiltrates) so they returned my cells and called it a day. This way i can go back next week and don't get deferred for months at a time. The exciting news was that i'm now at 14 gallons! At 8 donations per gallon, i've had 112 successful donations not counting the many times i've lost pressure, infiltrated or had a bad stick. The sad news is that once i go off to asia, i won't be able to donate for a year, mainly because of the risk of malaria. This makes me very sad. While it wouldn't be a big deal for most people, donating had become an important part of my life. I've seen all these guys every other week for years and it's strange to know i'll miss out for so long. So it goes though. I guess i'll have to find another way to help kids out! 

2 comments:

Evil said...

must cancel asia trip!!!

And said...

The good news is you are literally training to help kids everyday!!