1.15.2009

school.update.

I love my classes! The intensive one- bereavement care- will be more than halfway through by saturday evening, though i'll still have two big research papers to write. The other two, clinical issues in child life programs and a seminar course which goes along with the internship, will continue every wednesday from 4-9 until april 29th. I'm definitely more excited about this semester. Not only will i get first hand experience during my 400 hour internship, but the classes seem like ones i'll learn a lot from, and will have fun doing so. The part that's not fun is ordering and paying for all the required books. Instead of ordering them straight from the child life council website, i spent some time checking libraries, half.com, and amazon. I managed to borrow five from the library, and bought five others for big discounts through various online sites. My biggest deal? A $25 book for $0.97 (plus $3.99 shipping). I'll have to get three more for the membership price through c.l.c. but that's still a decent discount off non-member prices. Hopefully they'll all get here fairly quickly!

No comments: