11.24.2008

drying.up.

Every winter, i dry out a little more. Two years ago it was my face- if i didn't put lotion on right after i washed it, my skin felt uncomfortably tight. Last year it was my body- same thing. Since there are no new areas of skin to dry out, this year it's back to my face. Even with lotion twice a day, it's super dry and itchy. I've been using a combination of clinique dramatically different and cetaphil, but no luck. Still unbelievably dry. I also think i created a skin monster- after using clinque for several years, i tried another lotion and my face was not happy- it flaked and stung like a son-of-a-gun. So, after meeting portia for lunch downtown, i stopped at sephora to check out some new facial moisturizer. I like sephora because they have a million and a half brands, so are able to pick out the best one without pushing a specific brand. My skin expert gave me the entire run down on moisturizers, and basically told me i was too old to be using dramatically different- it's meant for teens and people in their early 20's. Once you get to be 30, you need to step it up. I now have their superdefense dry combo moisturizer. It already feels better- we'll see how it goes after a few days!

3 comments:

portia said...

Too funny-- I use superdefense too! For oily skin though =P Glad you found a good one!

Julie said...

Aww, you're all grown up now!

Julie said...

I know this sounds crazy, but I take my allergy meds (Zyrtec) in the winter and it helps with the dry itchy winter skin.