11.21.2008

i.love.new.friends.

Last night was "girls night in" at portia's. Her husband was out of town on business, so she invited us all over to keep her company. I've been excited about it for weeks, but as it came closer, i realized how ridiculous it was for me to be doing anything other than school work, especially on a weeknight. Luckily, i convinced myself to go over for a few hours as a break from studying. I stopped home to change, and walked over to her place around 7:30. Portia had an impressive spread of tasty treats, and the five of us spent a couple hours talking, eating, and drinking wine. I wasn't ready to leave when two others left, so stayed with portia and shirley for a little longer. When I realized it was 1am, and insisted i needed to get going, they wouldn't let me walk the 3/4 mile home, insisting i'd be raped (which is ridiculous). So i stayed over. Thanks to their peer pressure, i was up until 4:30am. I still managed to set my alarm for 9am, and got 3 hours of studying in before heading off to work. The unfortunate part was that i missed the blueberry muffins. Darn.

5 comments:

portia said...

like i said steph-- you're a trooper! i'm so glad you came and stayed over... like i seriously would have let you walk home in the middle of the night?? i promise i'll make you blueberry muffins some other time!

Evil said...

your friends are hot!

stephanie said...

...and married. Try again evil.

Evil said...

that's ok, they can still be hot, cant they?

stephanie said...

Well evil, all my friends are hot.