8.18.2008

my.new.favorite.spot.

There's a 2nd floor porch off of a and p's room that no one has ever really used (except the dogs, who've been in heaven for many years now). The screens were destroyed, so two sides are basically open. I've always thought this was a shame, but the house is big enough that there are other areas (including a porch with actual screens off the dining room) to be used and appreciated. During one of my recent unpacking kicks, i considered what to do with some extra furniture i had sitting in the garage- in particular, my favorite super comfy butterfly chair. I stuck it in a corner of the porch and found a $5 junk store table to put next to it. Immediately upon sitting in it, i realized that this porch is my new favorite spot. It's high enough that i have a nice view of the neighborhood and can hear people walking by, all while staying relatively hidden. I spent most of sunday morning sitting in that chair drinking my latte and reading my book. In fact, i'm sitting out here right now. The breeze is perfect, the temperature is perfect, and the smells are perfect. I haven't felt this relaxed in weeks.

No comments: