8.20.2008

i.am.a.girl.

I had to use men's deodorant this morning. It was an emergency. I was at my parents' last night and though i'd left my overnight bag there, for some reason, i'd removed my deodorant. So after showering, i rooted around in the kids bathroom cabinets for something promising. No woman's to be found, but there was a bright green men's stick in the bottom drawer. I instinctively closed the bottom drawer, a little concerned about how i'd make it through the day with no deodorant, and then stopped to think about it. What's the worst that could happen from wearing men's deodorant- you smell a little like a boy for a day. Much better than the alternative of smelling like b.o. What i didn't anticipate was liking the scent so much. It's a little concerning when you're smelling your own armpits several times a day.
On a related note, i bought myself new running socks. My old ones were ratty old cotton ones, so i figured it was time to throw them out and buy a few packs of new ones. I don't like the really thin ones (which seem to be the norm these days) but i found nice cushiony under armour cotton free socks that are perfect. The related part? They're men's. Should i be concerned?

6 comments:

Julie said...

I love the smell of men's deodorant...much better than most of the women's deodorant out there.

And said...

I agree. I think often times men's stuff is better than women's, so why not go out there and just use it.

Nora said...

I had to do this too! I had my bags in the car when I got home from vacation so I had to use Barry's. I didn't love it, but maybe I would like the green one better. Well I like it ok on him but I didn't like it on me.

Louie Monkey-Pest said...

Man, that is disgusting. I hope you didn't use some guys tooth brush too.

stephanie said...

Haven't heard from you in a while louie- how're you doing?

Kristin Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.