7.14.2008

last.overnight.

While not completely moved out of my apartment, i haven't been staying there at all. Most of my clothes are back at the b's, and even some of my furniture has made the trip. I was hoping to get my bed over here, but luckily, i didn't have the necessary vehicle when i had the man power. Lucky, because i realized that i never had m. over for her sleepover. The other two both had turns earlier this year, but m.'s schedule is a little trickier to make your way into. So last night was the night of choice. Both of us had to pack an overnight bag, and then we headed straight downtown for her dinner pick- fire and ice. L. talked it up enough that even m., who's not quite as adventurous an eater, was excited to give it a shot. They even got her up behind the counter to help cook- something l. wasn't willing to do. The funniest thing she said all night was while we were waiting to ask the waitress for the check- "I'm just asking out of curiosity, but do you think they serve dessert at a place like this? Probably not, right?" Ah children. So transparent. I told her i was thinking of stopping at jp licks on our way back. That was fine with her. I told her she could get whatever she wanted (hey, they're moving to hong kong in three weeks. I'll spoil them all i want right now), and she chose this chocolate dipped, jimmie covered waffle cone with mint oreo ice cream. It was the perfect night for ice cream- warm and slightly muggy, the red sox had won, and lots of people were milling about enjoying the evening. After getting home and changing into her pjs (and out of her sticky ice cream covered clothes), she found my guitar hero guitars. So instead of spending quality time together playing yahtzee or cribbage, i taught her how to play guitar hero. Though rusty at first, she zipped through the practice rounds (which i set her on to protect her from being booed off the stage) and had the controls down pat in no time. It always impresses me how quickly ten year olds pick stuff up. She played for about an hour that night, and when the birds woke her up at 5:55am, the first thing she asked to do was play some more. She probably totaled 2.5 hours all in all, and mostly on one song. I now have cheap trick's "surrender" burned into my mind.

1 comment:

kai said...

ahh guitar hero. Did I tell you I went to San Fran for 10 days last summer, and spent most of it playing Wii & guitar hero? I've decided its far cheaper to stay home and play video games, although it is nice to have a variety of play mates.