5.06.2008

thanks.brian!

I just got home to a great surprise! No, not a party. I've yet to be successfully surprised with a party. No, this was almost better. A large flat box was leaning up against the wall in the hall outside our apartment. I knew it must be for me since both my roommates were home (why they left it in the hall is beyond me), but at first glance, all i saw was my brother's name, and i wondered if it'd been delivered by accident. (I have received several pieces of (junk) mail for him at this new apartment- who knows why. They must think we're married or something.) After closer inspection, i realized his name was on the return address, which meant that it could only be one thing....guitar hero. You see, months ago, i'd e-mailed him asking if he had a playstation 2 version of any of the guitar heroes that he wanted to share. Since he's cool, he has all the new fancy systems (not unlike evil), and has no use for the old gear. He said he'd ship it out to me along with a few other things he had for me. As i said, this was months ago- maybe late january or early february, and he doesn't have the best track record for remembering this sort of thing. I was just starting to consider sending him a gentle reminder so i could at least have an extra guitar to battle out in guitar hero 3, but it appears i don't need to! He sent both guitar hero 1 and 2 along with 2 more guitars. If it weren't so late (and my roommates weren't asleep) i'd be playing right now. As it stands, i'm anticipating some sore hands and fingers by tomorrow at this time!!

No comments: