5.09.2008

smelling.my.wrist.

When i wear perfume, i wear one of two scents- jo malone's honeysuckle and jasmine, or elizabeth w.'s magnolia. The first is heavier and a bit muskier than the second, but they're both on the floral side. I've stuck with these two for years, in part because i wear perfume seldomly enough that i won't run out for many years, but also because it still makes me happy everytime i catch a whiff of it throughout my day.
The other night, i was visiting with new friends, and one of them came into the room with perfume on (as rare an occurrence for her as it is for me). I have an extremely sensitive nose, and picked up on it right away. It turned out to be another jo malone fragrance, grapefruit, and smelled so good it almost made my mouth water. I'm usually not drawn towards cirtus scents, but this didn't strike me as very citrusy- it was muskier, and reminded me of a female version of this men's cologne i liked in high school (i used to say that i'd marry the first guy i met who wore it, but that turned out to be my brother). She gave me a little sample tube she had laying around, and today i sprayed it on my wrist. I spent a good part of the day smelling my wrist. Right now i'm down to smelling my watch since the rest of it got washed off in the shower. Maybe i'll splurge on another squirt tomorrow.

No comments: