4.28.2008

banana.bread.

I make banana bread every so often. It's definitely my favorite breakfast treat, but i'm very particular about the consistency and flavor. The perfect loaf would be dense and moist on the inside, but crunchy on the outside. I don't like recipes that use oil (they're usually too moist in a greasy way) so only use ones with butter. I've tried more recipes than i can count, and haven't found the perfect one. When i came across fifteen frozen bananas in my freezer, i decided to bake some bread before i ran out of room. Rather than picking one recipe, i looked at them all, and wrote my own. I never take into consideration the amount of banana, but just put in as much as i have. Other than that, i mixed up the types of sugar (used both white and brown in a 2:1 ratio), and took the best parts of all the other recipes. I ran out of room in my mixer since i tripled an average batch (and i have the extra large 6 qt mixer bowl), so had to beat the liquidy stuff and then stir it into the flour in a separate bowl. Other than killing my arm, it seemed to work well, especially since you're not supposed to over mix it. No chance that would happen! It baked up pretty well, and despite looking overcooked on the outside, it was just right all around. I may have finally found my perfect recipe- though next time i'll cut it back a little so i can fit it all in the bowl!

No comments: