4.27.2008

game.night.2.

I don't tend to be a "last minute" type of person. This is partly because i like things to be planned, but mostly because i'm usually busy, and don't have the availability for last minute plans. Today was an exception. During my marathon cleaning session, i thought about how nice it would be to have a game night again. I love games, and don't play them nearly enough. After calling around a little, i managed to convince andrea and et#1 to come over. (I think they really came because i mentioned i was making banana bread.) Et#1 brought salad with homemade dressing, and i whipped up my favorite zucchini pie for dinner. We also enjoyed some mikes. For games, the focus tonight was on yahtzee. Andrea was fairly new to this, but caught on quickly. Et#1 and i both had our own strategies. Hers consisted of always trying to get yahtzee regardless of how unlikely it was. Mine focused on getting the highest numbers for the top section in order to secure the extra 35 points. In terms of risk, i played it safe while she bet it all. We had two rounds. The first et#1 rolled three yahtzees. If i hadn't seen it with my own eyes, i wouldn't have believed it. Those extra 250 points made her total 470. I finished with 254, and andrea with 279. She wasn't so lucky with the second go around, and only made it to 217, while i stayed consistent at 251 and andrea dropped to 204. By this point it was getting late, and since it's a school night, we put our score sheets away for next time. I'm hoping to make this a somewhat regular event- maybe monthly? Or biweekly? Or nightly? I really like games.

2 comments:

Nora said...

Heehee! Steph you crack me up. I don't know how to play Yatzee but I'm in for next time! I had a busy day yesterday - house hunting (!), tutoring, and out to dinner. But I hope I can go to the next game night.

And said...

next we'll continue our gambling streak with Pit!