1.28.2008

washer.fluid.

My car's out of windshield washer fluid. I keep meaning to get some, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Instead, i've been dumping water from a water bottle out the window at stop lights and traffic jams. When i realized how ridiculous this was, i started thinking about why i've been avoiding buying a jug and filling up the tank. It turns out that i get really annoyed having two inches of leftover fluid that doesn't fit in the tank. Why do they do this? Why can't they adjust the size of the tank or the size of the bottle so they equal out? When my sister and i drove cross country and experienced the phenomena of central u.s. bug kill, we had to purchase a bottle of washer fluid. The extra sat on the floor in the back row while i ran the wipers religiously to make enough room in the tank. I still remember the excitement when we were able to finish the bottle off and get it out of the car. At the b.'s house, you could often find an assortment of used bottles, all with a few inches of blue on the bottom. Maybe i should go pilfer around there and see if i can't come up with a full tank from the leftovers.

2 comments:

Evil said...

go do it!

stephanie said...

I was going to, but then i stopped for gas after the gym, and it was full-serve, and the guy filled my washer tank for me. I do have the bottle with a few inches left, and if i was on my computer right now, i'd post a picture of it. I'll do it in a week or so.