1.06.2008

messed.up.

Just woke up from the strangest two part dream/nightmare. I was babysitting for this family who lives at the ritz condos. The mom was pregnant last time i saw them, and already had a 2.5yr old boy. So i show up to find that she'd had a baby girl, but they'd wanted another boy so were auctioning off the baby. Current bids were over a million dollars. The baby was only four days old, but was the size and developmental age of an eight month old. They were still caring for her, but ignored her for the most part.
I was working there until 8pm, but was supposed to cook dinner for my siblings that night, so i started cutting up potatoes to make these garlicky healthy fries while i was still there. I'd even brought my 8 inch wusthof chef's knife for the job. The dad wanted me to make some extra for him for dinner, but first i had to go get something (more potatoes maybe?), so i brought the potatoes and knife with me so i could start cutting them into slices while I walked. I cut what i had and rolled them in a paper towel, and tried to carry the knife safely. At one point, i walked past this really sketchy house and there was this old guy who was up to no good. I tried to run past him, but he grabbed me around my neck and was choking me. I had the knife handle in my right hand with the blade running up my arm, so i pulled it out and stabbed him twice in the side. He let go of me, so i dropped the knife and potatoes and ran. I remember thinking that i should call 911, but i didn't bring my cell phone, and didn't want to stop anywhere. I did look back to try to remember the street address, but all i came up with was that it was a grey house on the corner. When i got back to the ritz, my siblings were there and i told them what happened. I was mad that i'd left the potatoes there since they were a pain to cut up (which they really weren't). So the four of us piled into a minivan to go and retrieve the knife and potatoes. We found the house, and waited until the sketchy folks had finished milling about before i jumped out and found the paper towel and knife. Since the potatoes were wrapped up, they were fine. The knife had some blood on it, and i was nervous about washing it off since there would probably be trace left. I remember thinking that i should use bleach.

No comments: