1.04.2008

nicknames.

I was watching some friends' kids recently, and referred to myself in the third person while we were playing some game. The four year old looked up, confused, and said "who's stephanie?" It took quite some time to explain that, while all kids call me stephie (which is strange in itself, because it's a nickname that i'd never been called before- i think l. came up with it), my real name is actually stephanie. You'd think i just tried to explain protein degradation to him. I'm still not sure he truly gets it.

3 comments:

Evil said...

yeah, it really confuses the kids i take care of. i make them call me, "master" and sometimes, "sir." (kids need discipline.)

stephanie said...

I agree evil. Too many kids are spoiled rotten these days.

Louie Monkey-Pest said...

I don't get it, can you explain it again?