1.30.2008

i.heart.costco.

I received a costco coupon book in the mail some time back, and had quickly glanced through and noticed that there was a $10 off coupon for my brand contacts. I'd never considered getting them at costco; 1-800-contacts, yes. Costco, no. I decided to consider it. Up until now, i've only bought contacts from my eye doctor. This is because i just started wearing them at the end of august, and bought two boxes which have lasted me up until now. (Another issue entirely is that they shouldn't have lasted me this long...and i still have two more sets left. Hopefully i won't get a weird eye-fungus.) I read the fine print and realized that you had to buy four boxes to receive the $10 off. I also didn't know if i needed an actual prescription- something i only had for my glasses, not contacts. Jen was making a costco run last week, so she was kind enough to check it out for me. Yes, i needed a real prescription- the box wasn't enough, and yes, it was probably worth getting. I left a message for my eye doctor, and he actually mailed the prescription right out. I zipped over to costco today (since the coupon expires on sunday and only a crazy person goes to costco on the weekend), and picked up four boxes for only...(drum roll)...$57.96. Each box rang in at $14.49 (which comes down to about $0.34 per day if i only wear them for two weeks). I can't remember exactly, but i think i paid about $25 per box in august. The savings from this almost pays for the costco membership on its own! So wonderful...

**Update. I just checked on 1800contacts, and my contacts run $24.99/box there, so i think i paid about $28/box in august. I remember it was a little more, but not enough more to make it worth dealing with online people. 1800contacts sells 4 boxes for $99.96, as opposed to my purchase of $57.96. I'm so proud!

No comments: