1.23.2008

banana.bread.and.cookies.

We really needed to make some room in the freezer since i've used up most of it with my soup, so i made banana bread with the eleven frozen bananas that have been in there for a while. I always double whatever recipe i'm making. I figure if i'm cooking, i may as well get as much out of it as i can. Plus, my mixer's big, and doesn't like when i mix small amounts of stuff in it. I'm always trying new banana bread recipes, but i liked the one i used last time, so used it again. Apparently i actually looked at the recipe before i made it the first time, and made a single batch since it was pretty big. This time i wasn't so lucky. I doubled it without thinking, and even with my super large bowl, it barely made it. The batter was up to the rim, and i had to manually stir it to get the edges incorporated. I have four big loaves, and there was only a little unmixed butter/sugar that spotted it. It tastes delicious, which is all i care about. I also made chocolate chip cookies. Since i don't want them all sitting around since i'll eat them, i'll mail some out to whoever comments first (if i know you). Maybe the first three people, actually. They won't go out until friday, so hopefully they won't be stale by the time you get them (especially if you live in california).

3 comments:

And said...

I forgot to tell you; I made your sweet potato soup and halved it and it was STILL so much! Been eating it all week and there's a whole container still in the freezer. I made one other soup also, and need to deal with the beets still...(I know, I know!). Making eggplant parm tonight and also need to use the leeks...

Julie said...

maybe you should mail some of that bread to me...I'm still waiting for my pretty package.

Julie said...

I just finished reading the whole post and just saw the end, hence my first comment.