11.11.2007

magic.pillows.

I love our apartment- especially because I had free reign to decorate. I got to choose the paint colors, organize the furniture, pick out fabrics, etc. I'm also pretty good about utilizing every inch of free space without it looking cluttered, which is important because we don't have any other storage space. Our back hall shelves took care of most stuff, but we still have random things which don't really fit anywhere else. Pillows, for example. I have a slight obsession with them, and somehow ended up with seven extra full sized pillows. Five of them were used on my guest room bed in my old place, and the two others must have been rejects from my own bed. I left three of them behind, but brought the other four (the feather ones) to have around for guests. Instead of sticking them under my bed or in a trunk somewhere, i made them into convertible couch pillows. I shook the feathers to one end, folded over the extra fabric, and sewed covers for them. Now we can use them to make our couch look nice, but when a guest's here (who's going to be first??), we just unbutton the back, pull the pillow out, fluff it up a little and throw it in a pillow case. Presto chango.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Ooh, I really like that fabric, I can't wait to come see your place!
(see that was a nice comment:))

Evil said...

the first guest should be manny ramirez.

Nora said...

you're too cool steph. i'll stay at your house! do i count as a guest b/c i live in boston? or just a drunk friend?

stephanie said...

Thanks Julie! That was the first nice thing you've said to me in a while!
Ramirez is an a-hole. I wouldn't let him stay here if he was outside knocking on my door right now.
Anyone staying here counts as a guest nora. Even you. As long as you don't throw up on my new couch gear.

Nora said...

I don't think I'll throw up on the pillows... Well at least they appear washable?