9.20.2007

out.of.paint.

Another productive morning for me. I woke up with the birds, went to the gym to run, returned some stuff at one store and picked up paint at another. The paint was for the back hall- the one "room" we'd yet to paint. We had about 1/3 of a gallon left from the front hall (which is the same color) and I convinced myself we could get away with getting only 1 quart extra since the back hall's smaller than the front. Oops. I was literally scraping the bottom of the can even though I was stingy with the roller. I had to paint a two foot by seven foot strip with a paintbrush since I'd bled the roller dry and had no more paint to give it. I got the paintbrush paint from the grooves in the rolling tray, and the edges of the can. The hall will definitely need a second coat, but I can tell you this much, it ain't happening anytime soon.

No comments: