9.21.2007

fire.hazard.

Last night was the first night we used our "new" grill. It's technically my sister's that she bought used off of someone else and then used for her last year of college. I was in no situation to throw away a couple hundred bucks on a new grill, and despite its ragged exterior and having to light it with a match, hers works beautifully. Since it's on our second story porch, I was a little wary lighting it and leaving it alone (in case it exploded into a huge ball of fire), so I sat outside with a beer and a book, and enjoyed watching our neighbors through their windows. The chicken was delicious- I marinated it in dijon (I love dijon!) and random spices (since we haven't built up a good supply yet) and it was perfect- juicy, flavorful, and best of all, left no pans to clean up after!

No comments: