8.27.2007

meow.

My eye hurts. At first I thought I had an eyelash in it, but now I know better. Somehow, in my two days of contact wear, I managed to irritate the inside of the upper eyelid on my right eye. I even did as the doctor said, and only wore them for a few hours. Today, the left one was fine, but the right one started giving me trouble again, so I took them out. A few hours later, someone asked me what drugs I was taking (I'm sick- I have a crappy summer cold) because my eyes were swollen. I'm not taking any drugs (I was on sudafed two days ago, but then was up from 2-4am when I was so tired I should have been sleeping) and I mentioned that my right contact had been bothering me. She looked closer, and confirmed that it was only my right eye that was swollen. When I went up to brush my teeth, I was pretty impressed with how swollen it was. That's when I started to look closer, and tried to flip my eyelid a little to see if it was scratched or something. From what I could see, I have a little cut/scratch/irritation on one little part of the eyelid. I tried to do a google search for inner eyelid scratch, and kept ending up with articles about cats.

2 comments:

And said...

maybe it's a sty?

stephanie said...

Nope. It's definitely some sort of scratch. Sty's stink though, but stink in a different way.