6.03.2007

race.results.

I did it. I finished the 5K without dying. I was lucky to have andrea and et#1 to push me along, or my time would have been even worse! Thanks guys! In the end, my place was 1394, and time was 35.54, so 11.35/mile (or 5.2 mph- my normal treadmill speed). It was a good thing that both andrea and et#1 ran as bandits (ie- didn't register or pay) because they kept me company. Otherwise I would have been left in their dust! My summer goal is to keep a more consistent pace, and try to get my time down to 30 mins or so. Then I'll find a 5K in the fall to run, and eventually, a half marathon. The interesting thing is that the numbers went up to 2073, yet only 1570 have their time listed. Were there really 500 people who either didn't show up, or didn't finish? How does this work?

2 comments:

Evil said...

wow congrats! that's awesome!

stephanie said...

Thanks evil! I figure it's a good place to start- I left plenty of room for improvment without completely embarrassing myself!