3.10.2007

right.place.at.the.right.time.

I lucked out today. I met up with *ba* and *ja* for lunch today out near *ja's* place (mexican, and darn good) and after hanging out for a bit, left to drop *ba* off at his parent's place since he had a family commitment at 5pm. I went in to say hi since I hadn't seen his parents in years, plus his two and a half year old niece was there (along with a large portion of his extended family). They invited me to stay for dinner, and after being assured I wasn't intruding, I accepted, and tried several different delicious quiches and a big salad. (Did I mention that we'd gone out for mexican?) The commitment he had to be back for was a concert by the indian hill orchestra, and since his grandmother had hurt her arm (and ended up with six stitches) the night before, they had an extra ticket. After making sure I wasn't imposing again, I thanked them for the invitation, and tagged along with his mother, two aunts, soon-to-be sister-in-law, and family friend for a great concert. Both *ba* and I are piano players, and actually appreciate classical music, so we were both practically drooling throughout the last work- rachmaninoff's concerto no.2, op.18- as the pianist carried an incredibly complex piece. We got back to his parents house around 10:30pm, and went straight for the piano, where we worked out some new duet pieces. As soon as I get copies of them, there will be no stopping me!

No comments: