3.09.2007

defrost.

I had a dream a week or so ago that I keep meaning to post about, but seem to always forget. Here it is.

I'm with the girls, or some other kids, and we're in a big factory with rows and rows of shelves. After talking to a man, we get a box to bring home with us. He reminds us to keep it in the freezer until we need it. (What's in it? I bet you're thinking an ice cream cake.) We get home, put the box in the freezer, and then clean out an old fish tank. We cover the bottom with wood shavings, hook up a little water bottle, and take a hamster out of the box from the freezer. He's frozen (clearly), but we stick him in the cage anyway, and after a little bit, he defrosts and is a-okay. We do this seven times, and have a cage full of hamsters. As we know, hamsters have a relatively short life span, but we're prepared- there's 156 other frozen guys hanging out in the freezer box. They all look the same (which is just like my childhood hamster, pinky, who was an allover blond with a pink nose- thus his name) and I'm guessing this is to ease the replacement process when one kicks the bucket.

The subconscious is a spectacular thing. I can't believe it took me this long to post about it.

No comments: