2.24.2007

short.term.variety.

It's almost *ap's* birthday, and tonight we went out to celebrate. There were nine of us- we met at stephanie's on newbury where I got the grilled tenderloin salad, which was delicious. Mmm. Delicious. Since dinner was early (six thirty) and we were out of there by nine or so, we decided to grab some drinks nearby. It was pretty cold and windy, so location was key. *n* likes city bar in the lenox hotel, so we showed up there around nine thirty, only to be stuck in a line. After ten minutes, we decided to try somewhere else, and ended up at vox populi, where we jammed ourselves in among the crowds. I drove in, so I stuck with one vodka tonic, while everyone else sipped their drinks. After an hour or so, we had to head out to pick up the car from valet at the restaurant, but since we were all still full from dinner (and therefore sleepy) we were ready to go home. As we were getting our coats on, I noticed a best of boston sign that proclaimed vox populi as the best bar for a relationship of the short term variety (aka- best pickup bar) for 2006. I can't say I was surprised.

No comments: