1.03.2007

page.rank.

Wow. I just figured out what my page rank was thanks to some help from evil. It's a 2/10. Hmmm.. I wanted it to be higher so I could get some treats from adagio tea which is sending out samples based on the page rating of your site (if you link to them of course). I'll get something little, but if it was one higher, I'd get an even tastier treat. The real shock occurred when I looked at the page rank of the other blogs I read. I'd have guessed that the ones that are the most regularly updated would have the higher ranking, but that wasn't the case. Surprisingly, my brother's was a 6/10. *b*, you should go to this site, and add a link to your blog. You could get a pretty sweet treat. (That you'd share with me no doubt!) I'm going to look into how to raise my rank now....

4 comments:

Evil said...

wow thanks for the tip! i love tea!

stephanie said...

Glad to help evil. Clearly, you're the one who usually helps me out!

brian said...

um, so how *do* i check my site's page rank?

i assume mine is higher just because it's old so a lot of my friends read it, and maybe because it's linked off my wikipedia entry (disclaimer: i did not write my own wikipedia entry, and have nothing to do with it -- i'm not *quite* that vain.)

stephanie said...

Wow! Your own wikipedia entry! I'm going to check it out!

As evil told me:

...about page rank...

if you install google toolbar, there is a "page rank meter" feature
that you can enable.

or there are various web tools which do essentially the same thing. do
a search for "page rank checker" and you'll find a number of sites
that can do this.

hope that helps!

best,
evil

I used the toolbar, and in case you don't want to do that, your page rank is 6/10. Bittergreen's is 5/10. So you'd get the big free gift (assuming they're still doing this. I read about it on someone else's site).