1.06.2007

new.plants.

A few years ago, I developed an obsession with indoor plants. They make my place feel warmer and not so stark. I have some jade plants, a couple of taller tree type things, some philodendrons, and my sister's favorite, a wandering jew. Most of them need sun, so the hallway at the top of my stairs is pretty empty. I've tried to keep a few in there, and they've all died, but considering the fact that I know little to nothing about plants, this came as no surprise. After having my christmas tree in the hallway, I decided that I really needed a good dark-happy plant out there to keep things alive. I stopped by winston's the other day (a step up from my normal home depot runs- and as a side-note, if anyone ever wants to get me flowers, get them from this place), and talked to someone about what types would grow in low light areas. I ended up with a really neat looking plant called a zz plant. (Pic up there.) It's pretty sweet. It's right at home in my hallway, and really perks the place up. Of course, while I was there, I found several other plants I liked which turned out to need lots of sun. I got them anyway, and have one hanging in my window (a cool succulent called string of pearls- in the picture over there- it kind of reminds me of seaweed), and two ferns in my bathroom. They make me happy.

No comments: