10.05.2006

i.need.itunes.help

This is for all you computer savvy people out there. While I know stuff about computers, it's just the bare minimum to get by. This particular question is about importing music into iTunes. Obviously, I have no problem loading a regular cd. After all, it basically does everything by itself- all you have to do is click the import button. However, I have two dvd formatted discs which do not result in an import button when the songs load in iTunes. I've copied the files into iTunes which works for adding the songs onto my iPod, but once I remove the disc, I get the little exclamation mark that tells me the original file cannot be located. This is a problem since I don't want to keep discs floating around forever. One of the discs only has 16 songs, while the other has about 100, plus the two seasons of the office- the original british one, not the annoying american version. Share your brilliance and I'll be forever grateful.

4 comments:

Evil Twin #1 said...

Have you tried downloading the songs from your ipod back to your itunes?

stephanie said...

Actually, I didn't think that you could do that. Do you know how to?

Zandrea! said...

I sent this post on to G...perhaps he can help.

g said...

what format is the songs on the disc?

Did you try to search those missing songs on your (not using itunes) computer and see where are they located. When you find the location click (through itunes) on the songs twice point the location to the place the song is located... Hopefully that should do it...

g.