8.01.2006

personal.chef

*nk* came today! She's staying here for the week while she works at the hospital affiliated with tufts. So she got here and we were trying to figure out what to do for dinner, and it turns out that she likes to cook. She made us a great dinner. I joked that it wasn't me doing the favor of having her stay here, but me using her as our own personal chef!
While I was on my way to cvs, I saw a great bureau in a trash pile. I decided to pick it up on my way home, repaint it, and use it in my guestroom since there isn't one there now. Unfortunately, by the time I remembered to pick it up three hours later, someone else had grabbed it. Since it was 11pm and dark out, sister *j* and I decided to do a drive around trash viewing. I didn't find anything else, but she grabbed two scanner printers, and a foosball table. We tried to be all quick and quiet while grabbing it, but it didn't work out so well. The people who had thrown it out were still up, and as we stumbled around trying to shove the thing in the back of the car, I heard some guy laughing at us. It didn't help that we were right under a street light.

No comments: