8.28.2006

berlin.to.amsteram

I'm sick. I have a cold. One of those colds where your eyes feel super dry, your sinuses are all clogged, and your nose just drips. Fun. More fun is the fact that we're now staying in the flying pig hostel in amsterdam. For those of you who aren't up to speed with hostels, this is a really well known, highly rated hostel. *tm* had wanted to stay here since before we even left. She booked three nights (way more than our normal one or two) quite some time ago, and even then, the only room available was a dorm with 14 beds total. Great. I really did not want to stay here, but obviously since we're traveling together, some compromises need to be made. We went out to dinner with her friend keith and his girlfriend chantel, and then took a stroll through the red light district. That was definitely something interesting to see! We got back to the hostel around 12:30, and there was some kid in my bed. I woke him up, told him he was in my bed, and after some checking in with the office, I slept in the bed he was supposed to be in. There were people coming in and out all night, so I got no sleep- just what I wanted when I'm feeling crappy already. Grrrrr.....I may not make it in this place for two more nights.
On the upside, amsterdam really is beautiful. The leaning buildings, canals, and old palaces, etc are great! If it stops raining today I might even get out to see some of it.

No comments: