8.26.2006

back.up.to.munich

I left off mentioning the karaoke night at our hostel. It was pretty funny. We were staying at this hostel called the dizzy daisy. *tm* thinks she picked it for the name since it wasn´t really near anything. It turned out to be the best hostel yet. I´ve found that there are mostly 19 to 21 year olds in hostels...not my favorite age to hang out with. This place had an average age of about 28, so perfect for us. Anyway. When we checked in, they told us about their free beer tasting at 8pm. It was pretty close to that already, but nothing was going on, so we checked email. I checked second, and updated my blog (see what I give up for you guys!) only to find that I´d missed the first 3 of 5 beers! Luckily for me, the last two were the best . We had dinner (nice big bowls of pasta) and came back to watch the karaoke going on in the common room since it was someones birthday. After a while, I leaned up against the wall- very content to just watch- and happened to lean on the light dimmer. Well...the lights were dim to start with, and my lean turned them up as bright as they could go. Nice work me. Everyone groaned and shielded their eyes from the harsh dose of brightness as I laughed and apologized while turning them back down. The guy in charge of the karaoke game announced that since I´d messed with the lights, I should sing. So I had to sing that love song by the beatles. It was pretty pathetic since I couldn't in that range! Everyone was great about it, and we met some fun people; a girl named dallas from minnesota, and a guy named paul from australia. Good times...

No comments: