8.25.2006

munich.to.prague

I'm just going to put it out there...I love prague. Unfortunately for us, we are nearing the end of our adventure, and have booked the rest of our hotels/hostels. So while we'd like to stay here an extra day, we can't- at least not without losing another country. We took an overnight train from munich last night, and got here around 8:15. We love overnight trains...they save us a lot of time, and we sleep surprisingly well on them (except when we were awoken at 4am by two border patrol guys who wanted to see our passports). So this morning we got to prague and were happy to see that while it had rained overnight, the day was looking good. We stopped by the hostel to drop our gear off, and took the tram into town. We split up there with plans to meet by charles bridge at 5pm for dinner. (We want to come home alive you know...it would be sad if I had to take *tm* out because she was driving me crazy.) I went to the prague castle and the beautiful st. vitus cathedral. I know that I've seen a lot of churches by this point in the trip, but I still am so impressed when I see places like this. Oh, and I got to shoot a medieval weapon- like a bow and arrow, but it was on its side, and the "arrow" was really little and didn't have any feathers on the end. I was 25-30 feet away from my target (a paper shield) and I managed to hit it 3/5 times! Just to put it in perspective, the couple who went before me used the same shield, and only hit it once out of ten shots. I have my shield taped into my journal already. That was really the highlight of my day, but I did also go to the old town square and see some more cool buildings, clocks, and churches. I took my sister's friends suggestion and got goulash for dinner. She was right- it looked gross, but tasted great.

Not sure what I wrote about munich, but we had a good time there too. We saw the sights in the morning, and went to a beer garden soon after. Then it started to rain, so we went to the "english language theater" that was noted in our book, and saw "the break up". I liked the movie, but hated the ending.

There are people waiting for the internet now, so I'll talk about our beer tasting and karaoke night at the hostel in another post. Good times.....good times....

No comments: