5.15.2006

predictable.twists

I'm angry. I just watched the season finale of Grey's Anatomy. Fair warning- if you haven't watched it yet, and are planning to, don't read on.....stop now. Okay. So I don't understand why television shows have to build up relationships and story lines only to disappoint their audience. I know- everything in life isn't always candy and daisies, but neither is it unrealistic romantic relationships that end with someone dying or someone ruining a great potential relationship by having sex with their ex. Well..maybe that part's believable, but still. In real life, people actually do learn from their mistakes. They don't sleep with all their coworkers and sabotage healthy relationships for the fun of it. Denny dying angered me the most. I knew it was coming too. Television has gone so overboard in their quest to create a "twist" that the "twist" is completely predictable. Do you know what would be a great twist? Don't kill off Denny. Let him live, let Izzie marry him, and let them have a shot at a decent life together. There's always room for some dramatic heart transplant rejection later on. And Meredith...come on! The whole McDreamy thing is so old. It's not going to work out. I can see it all now in next season's premier. (Cue the music and the dreamlike filming...)

*Meredith picks Derek. They have some great passionate sex. They fight a lot. They want to put in the effort to make this thing work, so they try moving in together. Maybe they even get a new dog (but find a new vet to take him to). They fight some more- Addison comes into the picture; Derek thinks he should have worked harder at their marriage. Blah..blah..blah...In the end, someone cheats, they break up, and Meredith's back in the unhealthy miserable state she used to be in.**

That's it. If she doesn't pick Finn (aka McVet) in the premiere I'm done. No more watching for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is WHY i can't watch these shows (and show, any series, with people in it). I'll watch movies, documentaries, and cartoons. especially cartoons that make limited sense. The Family Guy & American Dad are really good about over-twisting the "plot" (these are cartoons, after all- not sure if plot is an accurate description of the story line)- they twist it so much that it appears to be random and I can no longer anticipate what could happen next.

Whether this is good or not, I have no idea.

The fact that I am analyzing cartoons is downright frightening. I simply must get out more.