5.16.2006

numb.lip

One more thing I forgot to post- My lip is still numb from the surgery last Thursday. Not totally numb, but I can definitely pinch the top part and not feel anything. Is this weird? I'm hoping it's because it's still a little swollen and healing, but I can't help but worry that some nerves were messed up when the glands were removed. I think I'll wait until this Thursday and see how it's doing before I call the Dr. to check it out. I guess it wouldn't be so bad to have a paritally numb lip. If I ever decided to get my lip pierced I'd be all set!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have some nerve damage - its minor, but it happens. my upper lip & lower nose (between my nose and my lip) have limited sensitivity- parts of it are just numb, like i can scratch it with my fingernails, and i can't really feel it. i can't feel my nose run. the bone part aches when the weather changes, but the skin is pretty much just numb. Old skiing accident.

my big toe is also pretty much numb (both of these are skin-nerves, not the whole appendage). had surgery once.

it happens. i dunno- maybe time will heal your lip as the swelling goes down. or maybe you'll learn to deal with less feeling (i.e., stop drooling)- some kind of compensation thing.

[i would just like to note that I signed up on blogger just so I could post this for you. do you have any idea how many user names i had to go through? you should be honored :) ]