5.19.2006

child.people


This is a picture of me, drawn by *e* on a placemat from the 50's diner. Notice the pig-like nose and the electroshock hair. I also have four fingers on the left hand, and six on the right; a fact you can't distinguish from the cropping of the photo. It does average out to five per hand, so we're doing well! I have to say, for a four year old, I don't think this is half bad. When I was that age, I specifically remember drawing feet sticking out of the top of the head. At first glance, people assumed they were antennae (which they did look like) and I often had to explain that they were legs. My people were super-people. They could flip upside down and still be able to walk on two feet! I learnt this from my friend Lauren (whose name I can post since I haven't seen her since we were five) and thought it was cool because she was cool . Now really- how popular can five year olds be? Now when I look back through the container of my childhood artwork my mom saved, I sometimes come across a person with four feet and smile.

No comments: