5.18.2006

saturday.plans

Since I didn't get things together early enough to plan a camping trip, I'm going to be hanging in Boston for Memorial Day weekend. On Saturday the 27th I'm going down to the Hatch Shell for WBOS's earthfest. It should be pretty cool. James Blunt, Los Lonely Boys, Brandi Carlile and more folks are playing, there's face painting and magicians for the wee ones, and food samples for everyone. I know you're all super excited by now, and are thinking that it can't get any better, but it does....it's all FREE!!! It goes from 12-6pm, but I'll probably try to get down there a little earlier to stake out some grass with my soon-to-be-finished picnic blanket. Let me know who's coming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we are SO coming. we might be late though :) We MAY spend the morning wading through post-flood mud, muck & black flies in order to collect some water samples on the Nashua River. Its up to the powers that be.

After the year we've had, we're not going ANYWHERE :) well... nowhere outside of New England. Especially not on a traffic-packed holiday driving weekend with gas prices so high. Spent enough time in the car, feeding it dirty, dirty fuel. an earthfest might be the best way to atone for our sins...