6.22.2009

spa.day.

The girls got out of school while i was off gallivanting in malaysia, cambodia, and thailand. They were therefore in prime form for some activities during the day. Since l. had received a pedicure set for her birthday, the three of them planned a "spa day" to which i was the number one guest. They had their bathroom all set up with supplies. It looked like this:


First up was my pedicure. I sat on the edge of the bathtub with my feet in warm scented water. Since i'd just had my nails painted, l. used her pumice stone to scrub the bottoms of my feet, and then gave me a great foot massage before slipping a pair of socks on my feet. That looked like this:


From here, i moved to the nail station where m. washed and patted my hands. After allowing me to choose lotion, she massaged my hands before applying a base coat, and top coat of nail polish. That looked like this:


After the pedi/mani, i was brought to the massage section for a full body massage. M. was again in charge, and let me tell you- her little hands have quite a lot of strength to them! When i told her she could have a future as a masseuse, she asked it she'd make a lot of money. I told her she should keep her options opened. Here she goes:


After the massage, it was on to hair and makeup. This was e.'s area of expertise. After being told that she had to keep it light (if she didn't want me washing my face before going out for the day), she settled on some neutral beige and browns. The end product was actually surprisingly well done! (The glitterish stuff in the picture was not dusted in at time of photo.) It looked like this:


The hair situation also went better than expected (despite the pulling and pinching), though i do look like a seven year old here:


All in all, spa day was a success. I'm hoping to schedule another one when i'm back in the states.


2 comments:

portia said...

too cute!

Evil Twin #1 said...

Good thing you are in HK, otherwise I would report you under child labor laws!