5.26.2009

tasty.

The first night i was here, the girls ate this lemon ice/sorbet/ice cream type substance that was inside an actual hollowed out lemon. I had a taste and it was delicious. Then i forgot about it. Sunday night, i took them to a neighbor's house for a party. They had a good time because they ate crap for dinner and got to run wild with the other kids- making roasted marshmallows on the roof deck, etc. I had a good time because i got to drink wine with other grown-ups (from all over the world) and was reintroduced to the lemon concoction. This time, they also had a coconut version- coconut ice/sorbet/ice cream inside a half a coconut. I don't typically love coconut, but accepted it when it was offered to me. Let me tell you....it was fantastic. I looked for them at the grocery store yesterday with no luck. I'm going to have to ask around pretty soon.

*Update- turns out the lemons the girls had two weeks ago came from the same friends who hosted the party on sunday. I plan to ask where they came from tomorrow.

No comments: