4.19.2009

my.day.

Today, as i sat inside working on my final, i heard some commotion outside. Looking out the window, i saw my five year old neighbor running frantically up and down the street, crying hysterically. Apparently she couldn't find her mom. A car i didn't recognize pulled up along side her, she got in, and the car drove off. I almost rubbed my eyes to make sure i was awake. I threw shoes on and ran outside to see what was going on. Their house was unlocked, but no one was home. A bird chirped, otherwise it was quiet out. After checking in with two neighbors, a small crowd gathered in the street. Then the five year old's family rode up on their bikes, just as the car pulled up. Turns out it was all a misunderstanding. She was playing with a friend at the park while her family went for a bike ride. She got home with her friend, walked down the street, couldn't find her mom, and freaked out. She ran around, her friend's grandmother pulled up, and she hopped in. So it all ended up working out fine, but i almost had a heart attack. 

No comments: