12.06.2008

i.had.a.nightmare.about.my.cocktail.party.

Next saturday is the long awaited update to my annual "classy gourmet christmas dinner party". Because i've made a few friends over the past year, i chose to host a cocktail party instead. Now i won't worry about leaving special people out, plus, i don't have to stress out over cooking a meal! This is also serving as my "almost done with the semester" treat. I will have finished my four big paper/presentations by then (one of which i should be working on right now), and will have one more last final the following monday. So i'm quite excited about it! I found fancy crystal wine glasses at an undisclosed store for a huge deal, and just finished my handmade ornaments. (Part of my dinner party criteria is that everyone brings a set of handmade ornaments which then get handed out. So we all go home with 10 or so brand new ornaments to hang on the tree! Though i'm not making it a requirement this year since there are a lot more people, and some who i haven't known long enough to feel comfortable enforcing!)

So. Last night i fell asleep, and woke up a short time later very disappointed. In my dream (or nightmare, really), i was welcoming the first four or so guests, and we were sitting around in a bedroom. The next thing i knew, i woke up and realized that everyone else had come and gone, and had a great time without me even knowing they were there. It was so sad! Luckily it was a dream, so i'll be sure not to hang out in a bedroom next week with the first four people to arrive!

6 comments:

Evil said...

i'm sure your party will be a blast, steph! wish i could be there! although if i showed up, you would just trounce me in scrabble, like you do in the virtual world.

Louie Monkey-Pest said...

Hmm, the Monkey-Pest invitation hasn't arrived yet. Did you use the right zip code?

stephanie said...

I would be happy to send one out to the Monkey-Pest gang, but I don't know who you are. How can I send you an invite if I don't have your contact info!

stephanie said...

and evil- i've never played scrabble in the real world. Something tells me i wouldn't be great at it though since i just keep hitting shuffle until something looks right. I couldn't do that so easily without the computer!

portia said...

see you had nothing to worry about!! you hosted the best holiday cocktail party ever!

stephanie said...

That's because you were there Port!!!