11.27.2008

real.bread.

This is my little friend t. He comes and hangs out every so often, and helps me cook (and make beds, and do laundry- he loves that. I'm making him into a great husband for some lucky lady one day). Usually we make soup. He loves eating it, and is freakishly interested in helping me- he knows where i keep everything, and gets all the ingredients i need. He particularly likes getting the garlic and onions. Since we've been cooking soup on a regular basis, i've built up quite a supply in my freezer- probably enough to feed me two meals a day for the entire winter. The last time he was here we decided to try something new...bread. I've obviously made breakfast breads (like banana, etc) but have never tried a "real" bread. (My definition of "real" is any bread that requires yeast, therefore requiring several hours to rise.) It was surprisingly easy, particularly with my lovely kitchen aid, and came out great. Next time we'll attempt something a little more challenging.

2 comments:

Evil said...

is he your servant? you are so lucky!!!

stephanie said...

Yes, aren't i? Everyone should have a servant.