11.06.2008

fatso.and.weirdo.

My brother lives in seattle and has two cats; fatso and weirdo. I think they started off with "real" names that eventually evolved into what they are now. I find the whole situation hilarious. First of all, we never had cats or dogs growing up because of allergies. I myself am allergic to both, but (as you know) have managed to get attached to earl, the cat next door. Other than him, i don't tend to pet animals. I think that pets are to me what kids are to others; you always hear of people who don't like kids, don't know how to deal with them, etc, and as soon as they have their own, they're in love. That's how i'd like to think i'll be with animals. Back to fatso and weirdo. He got them when he lived in austin (they're sisters, i think from a shelter), and moved with them to his new place in seattle. Every so often he'd post photos of one or both of them watching him cooking- just sitting on a chair and peeking over the edge of the table. Cute. Recently, he's been updating his facebook status with messages about them. Hilarious messages which make me laugh so hard i cry. Here are some good ones, the last being my favorite:

Brian: woke up to Fatso meowing like crazy. Found Weirdo wandering around in the grass outside, apparently fallen from the second-story window!!!!

Brian: clarification for the worried: Weirdo is totally fine. She must have fallen ~20 feet, but was quite calm and uninjured, if a bit shaken.

(Note- I recently talked with Brian for a couple hours, and he mentioned that this has happened several times since. Even though he leaves the window shut most of the time and only opens it to vent while cooking. Apparently neither cat is the sharpest tack in the box.)

Brian: put zap collars on cats to keep them out of the kitchen. They're TOTALLY nonplussed, chilling. I tried & it shocked the S**T out of me. WTF?

Brian: cats seem to have grasped "collar beeping = walking into kitchen" & are learning. of course, what they're learning is "must get collar off".

Brian: left laptop open when i left the house; came back to find keys missing. in other news, planning on cat stew for dinner tomorrow.

Boy oh boy. I'm amused over such ridiculous things!

1 comment:

kai said...

I'm seriously curious as to whether these 2 are siblings to the 2 cats (from the same litter) I got in Texas... are they russian blues by any chance? Or maybe there is just something weird about Texas cats. or sibling cats. Or your brother :-)