6.29.2008

pack.up.

This weekend is the big packing weekend. The girls were dropped off at memere's house on friday, and i'm at the b's helping a. pack. The ocean shipment gets picked up on monday, so i'm helping them decide what's going now, what's waiting for the air shipment, and what's being left behind. They don't have to physically pack stuff (one of the many benefits of relocating for work) but they do have to gather it all together and make a spreadsheet of every single item and its estimated value. I've learned two things during this process. One; little things like contact lens solution, cetaphil lotion and shampoo, when bought in bulk, add up to a significant amount, and two; they're unbelievably lucky that they're keeping this house and therefore can leave a majority of their stuff in it. This also means that i'm lucky, because while the place will be missing many things (rugs, paintings, etc), most of the furniture and second rate appliances are staying (ie- the big fancy expobar is going, but the old starbucks barista is staying). There will be enough free space for me to make my own, but it won't feel echo-y and lonely. The official moving day is august 5th. That's when their flight leaves. I however, have already started slowly moving my stuff back in. I brought all my knives and cooking utensils over today. I think i might move my bedroom furniture next weekend. Anyone want to help? It'll be a good workout, so hopefully i'll catch back up with evil.

1 comment:

Evil said...

evil has a hard core weight loss plan. he'll be hard to beat!!!