6.04.2008

happy.birthday.l.!

Today's l.'s birthday. She's eight. I can remember the day she was born, and it's crazy to think about how long ago that was. I visited her at the hospital a few hours after she was born. I got there before m. (and the people who were watching her) and held l. for quite some time. I can even remember the shirt i was wearing.
Today was also the last day of school, and anticipating that it might be hard for them (last time they'll see most of their friends for a few years), a. took the day off. Since i'm a slacker and don't work on wednesdays, i spent most of it with them. First was prize day (awards at school for highest gpa, public speaking, etc), then we all went and got manicures. Julie's flying out of boston tomorrow (so won't be here for my birthday), and she drove in with some cupcakes and kimball's ice cream. What a nice sister! We went to a couple of stores, and then met back up with the clan and did some art projects. Then was dinner at a nearby shabu-shabu restaurant (l.'s choice). Julie was forced to tag along since we didn't have time to go home first. I think she was really upset about it. Despite getting car sick on the way home, i think l. had a great day. I sure did!

No comments: