6.17.2008

birthday.celebration.#.2.

Today was a good day. Jen took me to lunch at the parish cafe- another one of my favorites- and i got my usual zuni roll and a mango mojito. It was beautiful, and we sat at an outside table under an umbrella (to protect us from those harsh uva/uvb rays). After lunch, i went to bella sante on newbury since a. had so graciously shared her gift certificate with me. I didn't have an appointment, but managed to get an hour long massage 10 minutes after arriving. It was fantastic- i was almost drooling by the end. If i could make this place part of my regular routine, i'd be thrilled. Since i was downtown anyway, i meandered through the gardens and common and got my usual soft serve swirl from the make way for ducklings ice cream truck. Before hopping the bus back home, i got a rosemary and basil plant from the copley square farmers market to add to my vegetable garden. After stopping briefly at my place, i zipped over to the b.'s house so the girls could give me cake and presents. Usually i have dinner with them, but since a.'s stuck at the celtics game, we're doing that another night. Here's l. and e. setting up the candles, and me blowing them out. After some back and forth, i accepted my dad's offer to cancel his meeting and come in with my mom to take me out to dinner. Since it was last minute (literally), i wasn't about to make the trip back into boston, so i made reservations at masona grill- the fun neighborhood restaurant we can walk to. I had lamb, spicy cilantro and pepper rice, green beans and grilled zucchini (and my second mango mojito of the day). My mom had duck and dad had ribs. Everything was delicious and we're already planning another trip once i'm moved back in. The funny thing is that my mom licked her plate clean. I've never seen her finish everything, let alone beat my dad and me. The proof is in the picture. Hers is on the right.

1 comment:

Nora said...

Ooooh what a nice birthday day. And big win last night. Wow!