6.08.2008

big.news.

I got in! The big envelope was shoved in our little mailbox yesterday evening when i stopped by. I couldn't stop smiling all the way up the stairs, because everyone knows what a big envelope means. I waited until i opened it and read the congratulations part until i let myself believe it. Even though i was 98% confident that i'd get in after that fantastic interview, i didn't want to get too full of myself in case they rejected me. It's better to tell people you were accepted to a highly competitive program than rejected from a place you knew you'd get in to. I didn't tell anyone last night (partly because it was pretty late by that point) and i really liked having it to myself for a bit. This morning i showed a. the letter, and called my mom and sister (my dad was out golfing). I used the b.'s for their central air and spent the day at their house to escape the 95 degree heat. The girls and i took a walk to the liquor store mid-day for some mike's, but that was the extent of my outside activity. While eating dinner, i noticed a car pulling up the street, and then coming back and angling in the driveway. I thought they were turning around, but when i heard doors opening, i got up to see my parents arriving with a bottle of champagne and a huge bunch of peonies. Even though they'd come straight from a graduation party, we forced some food on them and then all toasted with the champagne. It was so nice of them to drive all the way into boston just to celebrate with me, especially with gas prices as they are. Thank you! Now i'm able to breathe a little easier knowing that every thing's set for the next two years; i have a place to live, a school to go to, and loans to accept- it couldn't be more fantastic.

4 comments:

Nora said...

Wow Steph!!! Wow!!!!! I'm not surprised but I am SO happy for you!

Evil said...

that's great! we knew you could do it. congrats!!!

stephanie said...

Thanks!

Artist Statement said...

OMG! You deserve it! I am so proud of you.