5.26.2008

bbq.

Since today was memorial day and the weather was perfect (sunny and in the 80's) i spent most of it outside. I added another 6 hours to my yard work tally (last thursday i clocked 8.5) and it's really starting to look up! I've always loved mowing the yard since it's a fairly quick way to instant gratification, but since this will soon be my house (and yard) i'm putting much more effort into making it look nice. I should have taken before and after pictures to post here. I got a bit of a sunburn on my shoulders and the back of my neck, so it'll match with the one i got at earthfest on the inside leg above my knees. At around 5:30, i realized i was starving, and since i was not invited to a rooftop bbq, i decided to improvise. Jen was around, so i stopped at the market and picked up things to make my favorite chicken rosemary burgers. I grilled those up, along with some skewered baby potatoes and onions. Unfortunately we only have a little table on our 2nd floor porch, so while we didn't eat out there, i did sit around with a mike's while waiting for the food to cook. I cut up the watermelon i bought yesterday, and we had our own little memorial day bbq!

No comments: