4.21.2008

danger.of.frost.

I'm planning some container gardening for our porch. Today, andrea and i went to home depot to buy dirt and planters. I got some seeds the other day, and am currently debating whether it's too early to plant them. Everything says to plant "after the danger of frost has passed," and as far as i can tell, boston appears to be in the april 1-30th category for average last frost. It's april 21st. Is it close enough? I'm quite impatient, and really want some herbs, veggies and flowers to brighten up our porch. However, i don't want them to die when we get some freak frost on may 1st. After checking out weather.com, i think i might risk it. The low temperatures for the rest of the month don't look to go below 40 or so. Cross your fingers for me!

3 comments:

And said...

I planted my peas and radishes last night-- and the other stuff that said to plant in cool spring weather. I didn't plant the stuff that needs to absolutely be safe and warm :) I forgot the strawberries but then read the instructions and they need to soak over night, so I'll do those next weekend. SO EXCITED!

Nora said...

I'm excited for both of your gardens. Very cute. I'm wearing my new make up that we got yesterday!

Artist Statement said...

Beware! Knowing Boston you will probably have a blizzard on May 1st! Miss ya girl!

Happy herb growing!