1.16.2008

i.hate.the.black.jetta.

I've lived by my theory that "volkswagons are fun cars, therefore the people who drive them are fun people" for more than seven years now. Recently though, i've had to reconsider this. We have a neighbor who drives an old model jetta- a black one. I never noticed it before, but once the snow started, and people became very possessive over their parking spots, i can't help but notice it....because it's always in my spot. We're technically not allowed to save parking spots with traffic cones, chairs, garbage cans, etc. The mayor says that anything put in a spot will be thrown away. I try to be a good neighbor, so don't save whatever spot contains my sweat and blood from hours of hard shoveling. This doesn't stop the majority of people from doing it anyway, so finding a free spot between the snow piles and cones can be tricky. Fortunately, everyone seems to understand the frustration of spending an hour and a half shoveling out a nice clean spot, and tries to stick to the one they cleared. Everyone except the jetta. I'm convinced its owner never even shoveled, but just leaches clean spots off all of us. Seriously. Every time I get home late, it's tucked into my well shoveled spot. I'd key it if i wasn't a nice person.

3 comments:

Evil said...

you should TOTALLY key it. i give you permission. in fact, keying that car is the only right thing to do. you'd be doing the neighborhood a disservice if you were to allow the black jetta to continue its selfish ways.

stephanie said...

If my own car wasn't out on the street too, I'd definitely do it. The fact that she (yes- I waited on the porch one day to see who drove the piece of crap) could care less about taking over someone's spot, makes me think that she also wouldn't bat an eye to keying my car back. And my car's much newer and nicer than hers. She probably wouldn't even notice if I added a long scratch to hers.

And said...

She probably got the car 2nd hand, not a real VW owner. Take the high road, Steph, and she'll get her just desserts.